John 1:14NIV The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
I am unpacking so much from this one verse that I''ll be spending several weeks integrating it into who I am. Here's some first thoughts...
Jesus did not meet us half way. He fully became us. He came so we could fully know him and he could fully know the living environment of humanity. He lived in this created world, he lived within the limits of time and space. Eternal Triune Creator God placed limits on himself. He didn't arrive here to make Christians. He arrived here to make relationships. To know us, and for us to know him (as in intimately).
God recognizes experiential knowledge as greater than "head knowledge". When I am mentored and learn and then live what I learned it is integrated into me, experienced. The Word made his dwelling here to be integrated into humanity.
The Word did not indwell flesh, the Word BECAME flesh. Based on so many years of various teachings in church I saw the flesh as so bad that it could only be crucified, kill it before it sends you to hell! But, Jesus the Word, was incarnated in this world. When I become the "new wineskin" I am in the process of incarnating the word. Because I live (dwell) in this place of limited existance then the Word (Grace/Truth), formed in my life, also lives again in the created world.
The purpose is not to make
christians, but to have encounters.
When full Grace/Truth, incarnated in me, encounters this amazing created realm stuff happens!
I am becoming more aware of the potential results of full Grace/Truth incarnated. But can I do this half way? Can I "summon" this potential when the need arises? No! To incarnate is to be and live full Grace/Truth.
Now, I'm not saying that my entire being is fully this. But the amazing transformative process of intentional living has brought this fullness into many areas of who I am.
Comments
Post a Comment