Skip to main content

Narrow Path

The narrow path resides within each believer. This is the season graced to discover this path in partnership with Triune God. The narrow path is hidden in the chaotic brokeness of an inner life that is unhealed.

Our brokeness takes many outer forms, forms that allow no one in, forms that intentionally push others away. Forms that manipulate and manage a life that's adrift in chaos but contains a God purpose in it's very core.

The narrow path of obedience has, for it's entryway, the path of healing, radical PapaGod, redemptive change that removes brokeness and bestows unsurpassable value and worth into a persons life. To be intrinsically valuable and worthy because of redemptive change is to no longer clamor for recognition or fight to be heard. Self medicating behaviors are seen for what they are. It is the clearing away of a debris filled life to find that His way is just under your feet.

Obedience is entered into out of the paradigm of relationship not the enforcement of authority. True relationship causes us to "man up" to the challenges of loving myself wholly, loving others wholly, as myself, and overwhelmingly loving Triune God.

I can't do that kind of obedience.... I  can only do that obedience partnered in relationship with the One who needs no partner but chooses to partner with me anyway. I love that PapaGod tells me, "Here's what you need to do, which is, by the way, impossible for you to do." Then He says, "I've provided a way, just follow me."

Comments

  1. Really thought provoking. Good thoughts about Abba's call to us to partner with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really thought provoking. Good thoughts about Abba's call to us to partner with Him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Full Grace/Truth

John 1:14NIV  The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. I am unpacking so much from this one verse that I''ll be spending several weeks integrating it into who I am. Here's some first thoughts... Jesus did not meet us half way. He fully became us. He came so we could fully know him and he could fully know the living environment of humanity. He lived in this created world, he lived within the limits of time and space. Eternal Triune Creator God placed limits on himself. He didn't arrive here to make Christians. He arrived here to make relationships. To know us, and for us to know him (as in intimately). God recognizes experiential knowledge as greater than "head knowledge". When I am mentored and learn and then live what I learned it is integrated into me, experienced. The Word made his dwelling here to be integrated into humanity. The W...

Keeping it simple

Unseen Playwright Two characters struggle to take center stage. The Antagonist and the Protagonist. Fear and Grace. It's a pitched battle written by an unseen playwright. It's always a three part play. Scene one begins with the two main characters struggling to give understanding to the framework of life; rules and regulations that are in place to provide structure and stability. Vital elements for growth and formation. Scene one is played out in front of a background of rules. The transition into scene two is about wondering if there's more. The great question looms about what life is like outside of the framework that has been set in place. Both Fear and Grace give us their take on Life that has trapped us and there must be more. Structure and framework are abandoned for freedom to discover and explore. They go their separate ways. Yet, both self critique, which leads to self correction. One corrects into worshiping the rules and regulations. The other corrects b...

Intentional Identity

My life is lived in tension between my identity that Triune knitted into me and the temporal daily life I experience with it's pressures and uncertainties. In the past I've looked at these two tensions as if they were having a "tug o war" in my life and I was the rope. Sometimes feeling as if I was stretched past my ability to endure. I now see this tension as not pulling, but pushing against each other to see who will establish the best foothold. The tension I experience is the pressure of the push. Spiritual warfare where I am both the battlefield and the prize. I am the spoils of war in the enemy's eyes. I am a son to be redeemed in PapaGod's heart.  When I am intentional to daily read and deeply agree with my identity statement (a statement crafted to state the very essence of who God says I am as a unique son of His) then I find strength to be who I am identified to be.  My life as that identified son will not only push the temporal daily uncertainties ...