The whir of the wind machines is clearly heard around me as I wake this morning to stroll with Papagod. In the recent few years more fields around us have been planted with citrus trees. Trees that are harmed by freezing temperatures. As I gaze out of my window into our own garden I see our orange tree brightly lit with Christmas lights. Our tree is protected from the cold by the silent, but bright glowing, of clear Christmas lights. For the few nights of the year it drops slightly below freezing these lights provide just enough warmth to protect the leaves and fruit from damaging frost.
What a gentle reminder as I start my day that it is the warmth of Christ and the glow of His light that protects me from the few harsh climates that can surround me. Just like the orange tree, the ripened fruit in my life will still be there to give life and the leaves that cover my life to produce future crops and future growth are also being protected.
An orange tree is alive but has no awareness of the conscious world in which I live. It is planted and its growth and fruit is regulated by the climate and soil. By the amount of sunlight and water it absorbs. It cannot impact it's own environment willfully and with reason. I provide the extra warmth, the extra water, and the space in my garden for it to flourish. This morning I see the warmth of Christ in my life is very much like that to me. Although I am quite aware as a sentient being who possesses consciousness and reason, soul and spirit I haven't always had an awareness of the spiritual world in which I am planted. I reacted to it. My growth and ability to bear fruit is regulated by it, but my understanding of it was so limited, still is. I do have the advantage of will in this area.
What takes place when I exercise my spiritual will?
As part of who I am, I can, and have, willfully chosen to know more about the spiritual world in which my life is planted. I have amazing (but not so clearly defined in the beginning) senses that allow me to be aware of the spiritual garden in which I am planted. As the warmth of Christ protected me from harsh climates from time to time I mostly was not aware of the battle that has taken place in His silent glow. Only recently, as I've become a more mature planting of the Lord, I have seen past the glow and into the fray that is present in the eternal realm. I have been moving from the one who is protected to one who is participating.
Triune God, whose beauty surrounds me, is also The Awesome God who has defeated his opposer and now integrates my life with His awesome life to hold the victory and release the prisoners. As one who is freed from being a prisoner to being a participant I have intimate experiential knowledge about how prisoners can be released. From that knowledge a type of armor and weapon is formed from within my very being specifically designed for the battle at hand. The one who was simply protected, kept until released from a prison camp, is now becoming a sentient living being in the spiritual world. Growing in awareness, moving within a dimension that over-rides time and space with massive abilities to smother the dragon's fire and release imprisoned people into lives of purpose and destiny. Those that were once cowering prisoners, like I was, become courageous participants!
Thank you orange tree for just being planted there, glowing with Christmas lights. Who knew where you would take me in this early morning hour? Papagod, lets take another stroll tomorrow!
What a gentle reminder as I start my day that it is the warmth of Christ and the glow of His light that protects me from the few harsh climates that can surround me. Just like the orange tree, the ripened fruit in my life will still be there to give life and the leaves that cover my life to produce future crops and future growth are also being protected.
An orange tree is alive but has no awareness of the conscious world in which I live. It is planted and its growth and fruit is regulated by the climate and soil. By the amount of sunlight and water it absorbs. It cannot impact it's own environment willfully and with reason. I provide the extra warmth, the extra water, and the space in my garden for it to flourish. This morning I see the warmth of Christ in my life is very much like that to me. Although I am quite aware as a sentient being who possesses consciousness and reason, soul and spirit I haven't always had an awareness of the spiritual world in which I am planted. I reacted to it. My growth and ability to bear fruit is regulated by it, but my understanding of it was so limited, still is. I do have the advantage of will in this area.
What takes place when I exercise my spiritual will?
As part of who I am, I can, and have, willfully chosen to know more about the spiritual world in which my life is planted. I have amazing (but not so clearly defined in the beginning) senses that allow me to be aware of the spiritual garden in which I am planted. As the warmth of Christ protected me from harsh climates from time to time I mostly was not aware of the battle that has taken place in His silent glow. Only recently, as I've become a more mature planting of the Lord, I have seen past the glow and into the fray that is present in the eternal realm. I have been moving from the one who is protected to one who is participating.
Triune God, whose beauty surrounds me, is also The Awesome God who has defeated his opposer and now integrates my life with His awesome life to hold the victory and release the prisoners. As one who is freed from being a prisoner to being a participant I have intimate experiential knowledge about how prisoners can be released. From that knowledge a type of armor and weapon is formed from within my very being specifically designed for the battle at hand. The one who was simply protected, kept until released from a prison camp, is now becoming a sentient living being in the spiritual world. Growing in awareness, moving within a dimension that over-rides time and space with massive abilities to smother the dragon's fire and release imprisoned people into lives of purpose and destiny. Those that were once cowering prisoners, like I was, become courageous participants!
Thank you orange tree for just being planted there, glowing with Christmas lights. Who knew where you would take me in this early morning hour? Papagod, lets take another stroll tomorrow!

Comments
Post a Comment