"Been there, done that!" I've heard and used that phrase many times when talking amongst friends about the quirkiness of life. It usually invokes a chuckle or two... It's a funny way I can relate to the same experience my friends have gone through. In my meditation time today I heard that phrase, "Been there, done that." Ok Triune, what are you saying?...
I have lived many years having faith in God, faith in Jesus. Today I hear Him affirming this faith but also encouraging me to take it another step up- have his faith- the faith of Jesus. He's "been there, done that" by living, dying, and living again. He offers to share his faith with me, a faith that's gone there and back! A faith that cares about the here and now life lived everyday. It goes beyond an intellectual recognition of having faith in God.
A Jesus lived out faith has a relational emphasis that is "here and now". Intellectual faith does not produce heart change. "Here and now" faith says, "I care about you, you can have confidence that faith is lived out in everyday moments. This is part of our intimate connection. Share in my faith freely, it has experience that serves you well." This is faith that creates heart change!! When I share in the faith OF Jesus I partake in a faith that's a completed journey of life, death, and reincarnation (resurrection). So, I accept this challenge to step into the faith of Jesus.
The next time he says, "Been there, done that!" I want to say, "Me too! ....And it was amazing!"

Comments
Post a Comment