Skip to main content

Dream Big and live it

For Dreamers—

I still dream big. There’s no limits to when I can go after a dream that Papagod energizes me for. I’ve learned over time that I need to Identify the source of my dreams. So many times in the past my dream was born from someone else’s desire and it almost destroyed me. My family wanted me to be a minister, a doctor, a musician. Someone with an advanced degree. I tried and tried but they wore me out. I wanted to please those I loved but I became a prisoner of their dreams.

Also I rule out dreams that are born out of brokenness. Such as to prove to someone that you can do something. I can’t allow someone’s opinion to determine my dream.

I rule out dreams that are born out of my own selfish desire. I ask myself “the naked truth” questions, “Why am I really doing this?” Just to look good to others? To be more successful than the guy next Door? To be noticed? To be in charge? Look at Abraham and Ishmael. It’s unprofitable.

God is liberating me from everything that holds me back, stuff that chains me. God did not call me to repeat someone else’s success! He says “I will do a New thing in you.” I ask God- give me the dream! He has! I’ve learned to be patient and wait for the details. He gave me the big dream so I seek Him out. I shut out others opinions until He gives me the dream vision.

I am spending my life each day I live. Right now I am spending my life as I write this! I can spend it for the dream. I can talk to God... knowing that I am ignorant and need help. I can say to Him- let me know when I am going too far, when I am walking the wrong way. I’m going for a dream that’s too big for me! And He agrees it is too big for me as He supplies what I need!

I don’t carry the bitterness of the past into my future. I will not let it live in my present. I wash it off before I take another step. It’s similar to this; in my daily life, when I go to bed and when I get up in the morning, I wash my face. The residue from the day or night is cleansed off my face.

I must wash my face and wash off any of my past bitterness that clings to me. It can be seen clinging on my face if it’s not washed off. It is residue that others can readily detect. People I’m around shouldn’t look at me and see residue from my past even though I may not be aware of it.

I can be delivered from something and still see the effects of it in my lifestyle. I may be done with a broken area that was in my life... But, if I haven’t taken the time to clean off the residue on/in my life then it stays on my face. Others will see me and see the residue and see me as the broken person, not the whole and healed person. I will look in the mirror and wonder if I really am done with my past brokenness. I can take, and I must take, steps to wash my past off of me.

I cultivate one or two deep relationships so when they see the residue they can be straight up with me, tell me, and... help me wash it off! It starts by putting on a fresh countenance . I put it on by carrying the presence of God that healed me. That presence fills me so much that it scrubs what I look like. I choose that daily fullness by intentionally cleansing my face. I declare my new and true identity. The outside demeanor begins to change to match what has already changed within me! There will be a glow.

I Change my “clothes”, my personality garments. I am preparing for something that hasn’t completely happened yet. That dream that is me, not another person’s dream for me. I’m preparing for that! Prepare...Pre.. meaning before it has happened. It hasn’t happened but I’m ready. I’m living in a way that I am “in place” for it because it will happen.

How many times in the past have I changed the way I look but the internal change, the healing of internal wounds, hasn’t happened? That outward appearance is not sustainable without change from the inside out. Like an oil under my garments the undercurrent of brokenness slowly seeps through, staining the appearance of change with the reality of the pain and brokenness within. Going for the big dream includes the inner healed lifestyle. I live a life of inner healing that is reflected with outer change. A life that plunges into the big dreams and visions that only Papagod can help bring about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Grace/Truth

John 1:14NIV  The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. I am unpacking so much from this one verse that I''ll be spending several weeks integrating it into who I am. Here's some first thoughts... Jesus did not meet us half way. He fully became us. He came so we could fully know him and he could fully know the living environment of humanity. He lived in this created world, he lived within the limits of time and space. Eternal Triune Creator God placed limits on himself. He didn't arrive here to make Christians. He arrived here to make relationships. To know us, and for us to know him (as in intimately). God recognizes experiential knowledge as greater than "head knowledge". When I am mentored and learn and then live what I learned it is integrated into me, experienced. The Word made his dwelling here to be integrated into humanity. The W...

Keeping it simple

Unseen Playwright Two characters struggle to take center stage. The Antagonist and the Protagonist. Fear and Grace. It's a pitched battle written by an unseen playwright. It's always a three part play. Scene one begins with the two main characters struggling to give understanding to the framework of life; rules and regulations that are in place to provide structure and stability. Vital elements for growth and formation. Scene one is played out in front of a background of rules. The transition into scene two is about wondering if there's more. The great question looms about what life is like outside of the framework that has been set in place. Both Fear and Grace give us their take on Life that has trapped us and there must be more. Structure and framework are abandoned for freedom to discover and explore. They go their separate ways. Yet, both self critique, which leads to self correction. One corrects into worshiping the rules and regulations. The other corrects b...

Intentional Identity

My life is lived in tension between my identity that Triune knitted into me and the temporal daily life I experience with it's pressures and uncertainties. In the past I've looked at these two tensions as if they were having a "tug o war" in my life and I was the rope. Sometimes feeling as if I was stretched past my ability to endure. I now see this tension as not pulling, but pushing against each other to see who will establish the best foothold. The tension I experience is the pressure of the push. Spiritual warfare where I am both the battlefield and the prize. I am the spoils of war in the enemy's eyes. I am a son to be redeemed in PapaGod's heart.  When I am intentional to daily read and deeply agree with my identity statement (a statement crafted to state the very essence of who God says I am as a unique son of His) then I find strength to be who I am identified to be.  My life as that identified son will not only push the temporal daily uncertainties ...