Skip to main content

The Shift of Full Sonship

The Shift of Full Sonship

2 Peter 1.4 NIV

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

God's divine power. I see Power that is intentionally redemptive. Divine most times is literally translated as Triune, acknowledging Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the very nature of God as a three corded rope with unparalleled strength. Divine power is seen in Jesus answer to question of what is the greatest commandment.

love the Lord your God and your neighbor as yourself”

A command or commandment is a verbal expression of a power's intent. Jesus answer to the teachers of the law, who asked him what the greatest commandment is, showed the intent of the authority he carried as a mature heir of the Kingdom. This is what I expect my followers to be an then to do....

When Jesus came of age and was baptized by John the Forerunner the Holy Spirit took physical form and came to him and Father's voice was heard from heaven. This is of great significance. Triune God had a degree of separation from Himself for over 30 earth years as the Son lived in human form, as the Pascal lamb of God. At the very moment of the Son's baptism Triune reunited with himself in the earth space/time continuum. The full Triune inserted into His creation..... The Father chose to manifest all of Trinity for these precious moments in earth. Moments that when compared to the eternity of Triune's existence are less than a wink of an eye in length.

In genesis, Triune's fullness spoke and in six days those words created the entire world we are still trying to understand. Now, as Jesus is baptized and comes up out of the Jordan, Triune is present with 3 temporal manifestations of his personage and speaks as Triune again. The whole of creation is about to be shifted. The very course of humankind's existence is about to be defined for eternity. What are the most significant words that Triune utters since the formation of the world? What are the words that carry the very same creative power that the Genesis creation words carried?

“You are my son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

The axis of our universe shifted by these words. A verbal, creative statement expressing Triune's heart. Father is well pleased with his son. Sonship is established.

These words may not have a lot of significance in our culture. But, in alignment with the culture that the Son was immersed in, these words carried great significance!

As a Hebrew child, Jesus would have been Bar-mitzvah at age 13, then at 30 he could become a full heir as the first born son. First born son also is translated as “only begotton son”. A Hebrew father's public declaration of “this is my son in whom I am well pleased” is a declaration of full sonship and fully an heir of their father. It is a declaration of relational continuance of promise. That is the creative power of this declaration at Jesus baptism. The shift of the kingdom through “only begotton sonship” to full inheritance of the mature son. He inherited the kingdom, he began his priestly ministry of becoming the full Pascal lamb who would bear the sins of all mankind through to the cross and lay claim for all mankind the kingdom for those who choose to follow the Son. That's the Divine Power of 2 Peter 1.3!


Through that power we have been given everything we need for life and Godliness through our knowledge of Him. Even our knowledge is relational. It is through the experienced knowledge of him. It is not through a knowledge that is just academic. That’s why it is our knowledge if him, “who called us by his own glory and goodness" that gives us his divine power. Walking with him in his calling that he has for me and you is walking in and experiencing his glory and goodness. Find the fullness of Triune's presence in life by embracing sonship fully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Grace/Truth

John 1:14NIV  The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. I am unpacking so much from this one verse that I''ll be spending several weeks integrating it into who I am. Here's some first thoughts... Jesus did not meet us half way. He fully became us. He came so we could fully know him and he could fully know the living environment of humanity. He lived in this created world, he lived within the limits of time and space. Eternal Triune Creator God placed limits on himself. He didn't arrive here to make Christians. He arrived here to make relationships. To know us, and for us to know him (as in intimately). God recognizes experiential knowledge as greater than "head knowledge". When I am mentored and learn and then live what I learned it is integrated into me, experienced. The Word made his dwelling here to be integrated into humanity. The W...

Keeping it simple

Unseen Playwright Two characters struggle to take center stage. The Antagonist and the Protagonist. Fear and Grace. It's a pitched battle written by an unseen playwright. It's always a three part play. Scene one begins with the two main characters struggling to give understanding to the framework of life; rules and regulations that are in place to provide structure and stability. Vital elements for growth and formation. Scene one is played out in front of a background of rules. The transition into scene two is about wondering if there's more. The great question looms about what life is like outside of the framework that has been set in place. Both Fear and Grace give us their take on Life that has trapped us and there must be more. Structure and framework are abandoned for freedom to discover and explore. They go their separate ways. Yet, both self critique, which leads to self correction. One corrects into worshiping the rules and regulations. The other corrects b...

Intentional Identity

My life is lived in tension between my identity that Triune knitted into me and the temporal daily life I experience with it's pressures and uncertainties. In the past I've looked at these two tensions as if they were having a "tug o war" in my life and I was the rope. Sometimes feeling as if I was stretched past my ability to endure. I now see this tension as not pulling, but pushing against each other to see who will establish the best foothold. The tension I experience is the pressure of the push. Spiritual warfare where I am both the battlefield and the prize. I am the spoils of war in the enemy's eyes. I am a son to be redeemed in PapaGod's heart.  When I am intentional to daily read and deeply agree with my identity statement (a statement crafted to state the very essence of who God says I am as a unique son of His) then I find strength to be who I am identified to be.  My life as that identified son will not only push the temporal daily uncertainties ...