Within the space of three and a half weeks two very dear
friends have died. Rusty, battled cancer that was stage four when it was discovered.
For months he, his family, and friends prayed healing into his life. When I had
my last conversation with him, he was only strong enough in body to whisper but
he was battling to win back his life fully. He lived who he was to the last
breath. He was a warrior and a man who loved deeply his family and friends. He honored
me with his friendship and encouragement even though he knew my personal struggles. He had compassion on all he met and was a great
man of character. His legacy continues with his wife and children. His children
are the best of both he and Diane, which is as it should be! To me Rusty, you were a brother-warrior and
you taught me by example and targeted words to never give up the fight!
Greg is a dear friend who died yesterday. He battled a medical
condition that would go into “remission” and then come back again. For years
he, his family, and friends prayed healing into his life. Every conversation I
had with him over the past few years were with a warrior who fought with all
his heart to be healed of this. We laughed a lot, prayed, tried many
restaurants, and dreamed together. He deeply loved people in his life. He
valued me when I didn’t value myself and was unconditional in his love towards
me. He pastored me through my addiction recovery and became a trusted friend. He
was a warrior for me when I couldn’t fight for myself. With the addiction, I
also fought a medical condition that was very similar to his. I had some of the
same treatments he had to ward it off. My
course with this condition was caught in an earlier stage and I have a
different outcome. The medical condition with both battled is depression.
I’ve not known a more passionate and compassionate man than
Greg. His legacy also will continue with his wife and children and grandchildren.
The medical condition ended his life by using his own hands. The cancer that
Rusty had invaded and shut down his body’s life support systems. Like cancer, depression
systematically invades. It battles God’s gift of freewill to live and the final
action is initiated. I love you Greg.
Your friend and brother,
“Rockster”
Comments
Post a Comment