The Living Expression
1 We saw him with our very
own eyes.[aWe gazed upon him and heard him speak.
Our hands actually touched him,
the one who was from the beginning,
the Living Expression of God.
2 This Life-Giver was made visible
and we have seen him.
We testify to this truth:
the eternal Life-Giver
lived face-to-face with the Father
and has now dawned upon us.
3 So we proclaim to you
what we have seen and heard
about this Life-Giver
so that we may share and enjoy
this life together.
For truly our fellowship[f] is with the Father
and with his Son, Jesus, the Anointed One.[g]
4 We are writing these
things to you because we want to release to you our fullness of joy.
“Spiritual
knowledge is to know things subject to subject (I-Thou), whereas rational
knowing is to know things subject to object (I-it). There is, of course, a
place for both; but most people have never been taught how to see in this
deeper, nondual way, center to center and subject to subject—and that is the
seeing that changes our lives.”
Richard Rohr
As I gaze upon Him I am profoundly
moved within my heart. The view from my heart is uniquely different than the
view from my intellect. Both views have importance. For example-
If I trek to the alpine lakes where I’m
surrounded by majestic splendor and I my intent is to take samples of soil and
water and air for analysis to help steward creation, then the view from my intellect
proceeds before the view from my heart. I’m “on task” to do research and I
connect on an intellectual level with the elements of, and surrounding, nature.
Research is best analyzed by observing the object of research.
If I trek into the same alpine
wilderness to connect with the Creator, then my heart is enraptured, and my spirit
is set ablaze with wonderment. I connect to the person of Triune God and he
floods into my heart, and I flood into His heart. It’s becomes an intimate experience
of knowing each other.
Today I choose to gaze upon “The
Living Expression of God”, to touch and be touched by Him, and to hear His voice
and find “The fullness of Joy” released from within me to as I spend time with Him.
Rocky
Comments
Post a Comment